Your Nissan Quest is not just a way of conveyance but a piece of art you cherished, and spark plugs are the essence of that art. Therefore, selecting the right spark plugs is a crucial task for you. Time has changed, cars have evolved, so do their requirements for spark plugs. To save you from all hurdles, we have listed out all the adequate information on choosing the best spark plugs for Nissan Quest.
- Denso Iridium Power Spark Plug
- Bosch Automotive Double Platinum Spark Plug
- ENA Platinum Spark Plug
- NGK G-Power Platinum Spark Plugs
- DENSO Iridium Power Spark Plugs
The responsibility of the plug is not just as simple as turning the key to start your engine. The spark plug is like an electric arc between the two electrodes. Along with the ignition coil, the plug helps make a spark. The ‘spark’ or the ‘lightning bolt’ ignites the air-fuel mixture in the cylinder which starts the engine. This entire process takes a few nanoseconds.
Spark plugs undoubtedly were the greatest innovation in the history of automotive. Earlier, spark plugs were made with Nickel. Manufacturers used that metal both as a core and electrode. When automobiles became more demandable and reliable, the condition of the combustion became more stressful. Nickel was proved unsuitable and a new pair of Copper and Nickel-Chromium was introduced.
Copperas a core material for its conductivity and Nickel-Chromium as a central electrode for longevity lagged behind when advanced plugs like Platinum and Iridium were innovated. You should also remember that even advanced spark plug uses Copper as core material with Nickel alloy but the difference is in the ‘tip’ or ‘head’ of the plug that differs them from one another.
Manufacturers did not stop there. New technologies are being included in spark plugs now and then. Spark plugs are now capable of working under harsh racing conditions, boosting torque as well as horsepower. A good plug can save up your fuel economy, cover longer mileage and keep your cherished vehicle safe and sound.
While purchasing the best spark plugs for your Nissan Quest, remember to check your engine’s condition, read product descriptions and select according to what you really expect. In our list, we have picked the top five perfectly compatible spark plugs for your vehicle. Hope our information will help you to determine your mind while buying the best spark plug for Nissan Quest.
Best Spark Plugs for Nissan Quest Comparasion Table
|Denso Iridium Power Spark Plug||4.9 Out of 5||2.08 ounces||5 x 1 x 1 inches|
|Bosch Double Platinum Spark Plug||4.7 Out of 5||0.32 ounces||12.8 x 8.5 x 5.2 inches|
|ENA Platinum Spark Plug||4.8 Out of 5||4.71 pounds||10.28 x 7.52 x 5.91 inches|
|NGK G-Power Platinum Spark Plugs||4.5 Out of 5||0.8 ounces||3.7 x 0.94 x 4.98 inches|
|DENSO Iridium Power Spark Plugs||4.8 Out of 5||11.5 ounces||3.62 x 5.76 x 0.96 inches|
What to consider before choosing the best spark plugs for Nissan Quest
Spark plugs are sensitive in terms that they can affect other functions of the car. A faulty plug can cause trouble in starting, misfiring, slow acceleration, over fuel consumption, and harsh idling. As the spark plugs are a significant component in your engine, there are many things to consider before purchasing any.
- Compatibility: Selecting the right spark plug to a larger extent depends on the model of your engine. Nissan Quest has a long series of production from 1993 to 2017, so you have to choose the compatible one according to your manufacturer’s catalog.
- Fit Type: Not all spark plugs will be suitable for your engine and loose spark plugs will not work. Buy only the optimum fit ones for your engine. You can understand which one will fit the gap by reading the product description provided with your car.
- Types of Spark Plugs: There are three main spark plugs that are commonly used:
- Copper Plugs: Featuring a copper core electrode covered in a nickel-alloy coating, these plugs have superior conductivity. They are notable for their performance with higher compression and transfer heat faster. The only disadvantage they have- the shortest life span approximately 20,000 miles.
- Platinum Plugs: Harder than copper, platinum plugs burn at a high temperature and this prevents the carbon deposits formation. These plugs are highly desirable for the engines which require lower combustion. Platinum plugs can cover 100,000 miles, easily.
- Iridium Plugs: These plugs are more resilient. They are the newest innovation in the spark plug market. They are proved to be six times harder and eight times stronger than other materials used in spark plugs. The higher melting point assists the plugs to live longer, also saving up fuel economy and providing great acceleration are their characteristics. Therefore, advanced model cars use the iridium plugs. They can offer up to 120,000 miles.
- Long usage: If you are looking for longevity then you should buy the spark plugs that contain iridium tips. As the strongest metal, iridium provides plugs a longer life span.
- Temperature: Important but ignored factor when you are seeking plugs. Too hot or too cold both are signs of a bad spark plugs, since too hot plugs cause pre-ignition and too cold can lose the spark energy. Therefore, check the details carefully.
- Finest Plug Wire: If you want to extract as much power as you can from your spark plugs, choose wire with lower internal resistance. Because, when you increase the engine’s performance your factory wires tend to create a critical complete burn and resist more. So, choosing a lower resistant wire will fix this requirement.
- Installment: This is also one of the factors that everyone forgets while looking for spark plugs. Some plugs are gapped by the manufacturers and some are not. Pre-gapped spark plugs are comparatively easy to install, contrarily, not gapped plugs need professional help for installment and that requires some extra cost.
- Budget: With all factors considered, it will depend on your budget. Try to make sure that you are buying the best quality plugs in your affordability.
How often should spark plugs be changed to Nissan quest?
Experts mostly recommend replacing spark plugs after every 30,000 miles for keeping your engine in top-notch shape. However, the recommendation varies depending on the types of the plugs and their technologies. This also includes your driving style. But experts suggest not to cross 120,000 miles. Otherwise, the plugs might harm your engine.
For your convenience,
|If you want to use-||Change after every-|
|Copper plugs||30,000 miles|
|Platinum plugs||70,000 to 100,000 miles|
|Iridium plugs||100,000 to 120,000 miles|
|Double platinum/ iridium||Not more than 120,000 miles|
Five Best Spark Plugs for Nissan Quest
Our picks are based on experts’ opinions and customer reviews.
1. Denso Iridium Power Spark Plug
- Smallest central electrode
- U-grooved and taper cut ground electrode
- 360 degree laser welding
|Model Number||Denso 5343 Iridium power spark plug- IKH16|
|Fit Type||Nissan Quest, Nissan Altima, Toyota Cramy, and others.|
|Item Dimension||5 x 1 x 1 inches|
Design and Materials:
Denso has designed the world’s smallest diameter which is 0.4 mm iridium center electrode. This electrode maximizes firing potential. They have a patented 360-degree laser welding process for ensuring the best quality of the center electrode. U-grooved and taper cut ground electrodes provide faster flame growth.
The exceptional design of Denso’s spark plugs made them a favorite to experts for few reasons. Firstly, the smallest electrode can provide strong kernel flames, and continuous spark even under harsh conditions. Secondly, the double ground electrode boosts up the engine’s acceleration and helps to quench the heat.
These plugs not only increase performance but also provide you with exceptional plug durability. They save up your fuel budget, offer smooth engine idling and throttle. Come pre-gapped, they are easy to install as well as affordable.
Overall excellent performance
|Pack of one|
2. Bosch Automotive Double Platinum Spark Plug
- Platinum as core material
- Finest wire design
- Original Equipment
|Model Number||Bosch Automotive 8110 Double Platinum Spark Plug|
|Fit type||Nissan Quest 2004-2009|
|Item Dimension||12.8 x 8.5 x 5.2 inches|
Design and Material:
These plugs from Bosch are the original equipment products. They have a double Platinum firing pin and ground electrode. The firing pin is coated with a 360-degree laser. The exterior is molded in metal. Bosch double platinum spark plugs have the finest designed wire for spark plugs.
The double-platinum inlay has increased the plug’s life span three times longer than other conventional plugs. The fine wire ensures excellent ignition. These plugs are proven to increase the horsepower of the engine. Dependable in their performance, they offer a cold start and a smooth racing experience.
Bosch spark plugs come in a five-year warranty. The plugs are gapped by the producers so you do not have to do the extra work. They burn fuel effectively. These original equipment plugs are a great value for your money and a perfect fit for your Nissan Quest.
|Exceptionally longer life span|
Easy to install
|It’s a bit pricey but worth the value.|
3. ENA Platinum Spark Plug
- Original equipment ignition coils design
- Overall better combustion
- Prevent misfires
|Model Name||ENA Platinum spark plugs|
|Fit type||Nissan Quest 2004-2006, Altima and others|
|Item dimension||10.28 x 7.52 x 5.91 inches|
Design and Material:
Platinum at the tip and copper in the core of the spark plugs for ENA is equivalent to the original equipment design. The copper electrode is welded in the ceramic alloy. The finest ignition coil design offers a super-fast spark to light up the engine. The exterior is textured.
Spark plugs from ENA are reliable. Their coils provide better engine staring. They prevent rust and come pre-greased. The plugs are also effective in preventing misfires. The copper core electrode transfers heat efficiently.
They are reasonably priced. Reduce corrosion, these plugs do not wear out easily. The platinum tip ensures longevity. Customers have noticed an improvement in the acceleration and fuel economy after installing these spark plugs. They come in a six-seat pack.
Use less voltage
|One-year limited warranty|
4. NGK G-Power Platinum Spark Plugs
- G-Power technology
- Platinum core material
- Prevent gas leakage
|Model Number||NGK 5018 G-Power Platinum Spark Plugs LFR5AGP|
|Fit Type||Nissan Quest, Toyota, and others|
|Item Dimension||3.7 x 0.94 x 4.98 inches|
Design and Material:
NGK spark plugs have a G-power and platinum as core material. These plugs have a triple metal coating on the top. Their insulator is made with special configurations. Light-weighted, these plugs come in a box of six.
G-power NGK platinum spark plugs are worth your trust because they are the optimum fit for your Nissan Quest. These plugs are anti-seizing, resist corrosion and reduce fuel budget. They prevent gas leakage and emit less harmful gases.
Offer excellent acceleration, the plugs are both providers of horsepower as well as torque. They can perform under extreme driving conditions. They create no noise from the engine. These spark plugs also cover longer mileage.
Optimum fit for the vehicle
|Installation might need professional help|
5. DENSO Iridium Power Spark Plugs
- Iridium core electrode
- Great at saving fuel
- Unique rib insulator
|Model Name||DENSO Iridium Power Spark Plugs|
|Fit Type||Nissan Quest 2004-2009|
|Item Dimension||3.62 x 5.76 x 0.96 inches|
Design and Material:
Denso iridium spark plugs have double electrodes. One Iridium-tipped centre electrode and the other platinum ground electrode. The plugs feature a five-rib insulator and a solid terminal.
The Spark Plug reduces poor air-fuel mixture and creates complete fuel ignition in the combustion chamber. These plugs prevent fouling and generate the largest spark. They also emit less gas and minimize misfire. The ground electrode is designed to improve fuel efficiency and gas purification. The unique insulator reduces flashover. These plugs last longer by offering smooth idling, better throttle, and an excellent energy boost. They are available at an affordable price.
seizing and corrosion
|Have mixed reviews as people confuse them with other plugs|
Hope you have got all the information you are hoping to get. Now you have more idea about what plugs are good at what features. In our opinion, every spark plug tries to offer you the best, it is you who has to choose them according to the requirements. Remember, selecting a spark plug heavily depends upon your automobile’s model, engine’s condition, your expectations, and importantly on your budget. If you still have not made up your mind we would suggest you try original equipment or equivalent to that design. Yes, spark plugs are made to improve your engine’s function, but also you should not keep unrealistic expectations from them.
Select the fit ones, install them properly and they will work just right. We hope that you find our pick-on best spark plugs for Nissan Quest helpful.