Ford Fiesta is a car that is stylish, comfortable, and inexpensive to maintain and buy. According to a 2019 survey, Ford Fiesta is a super subcompact car. Its limber handling makes it enjoyable to drive, it features a user-friendly straightforward infotainment system. A car like Ford Fiesta requires the finest auto parts in its engine.
The spark plugs that we use in our engine can affect the overall performance of the automobile. It is essential to find spark plugs that meet both your car’s requirements as well as yours. So, if you are looking for new spark plugs we recommend you check out our best spark plugs for Ford Fiesta.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: DENSO Iridium Power spark plugs
- Best Budget Friendly: Motorcraft spark plugs
- Best For Longer Life: NGK Irdium Spark Plugs
- Best For Fuel Economy: DENSO Iridium TT spark plugs
- Best For Quick Ignition: NGK Iridium IX spark plugs
Brand-wise Spark Plugs for Ford Fiesta Cost Chart
|Serial||Manufacturer||Brand Name||Set of||Average Cost|
|1||Sixity Auto||DENSO Iridium Power Spark Plugs||4||$34-$38|
|2||Motorcraft||Motorcraft Spark Plug||1||$7-$11|
|3||NGK Iridium IX Resistor||WD EXPRESS||4||$14-$18|
|4||Denso||Denso Iridium TT Spark Plugs||1||$6-$10|
|5||NGK||NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs||4||$33-$38|
Best Spark Plugs For Ford Fiesta Comparision Table
|DENSO Iridium Power Spark Plugs||9.8 Out Of 10||Check Price On Amazon|
|Motorcraft Spark Plug||9.9 Out Of 10||Check Price On Amazon|
|NGK Iridium Spark Plug||9.6 Out Of 10||Check Price On Amazon|
|Denso Iridium TT Spark Plugs||9.7 Out Of 10||Check Price On Amazon|
|NGK Iridium IX Spark Plugs||9.8 Out Of 10||Check Price On Amazon|
What to Consider Before Choosing the Best Spark Plugs for Ford Fiesta
Choosing the right spark plugs is not simple as it appears. There is a chance that the plugs you select will not fit into your vehicle. Before purchasing spark plugs for Ford Fiesta you should know more about the spark plugs and their materials. You should buy plugs according to your engine’s compatibility. We have tried to make these things easy for you. Still, it is best if you check out your engine’s catalog and do some research.
There are three types of spark plugs materials: Copper, Platinum, and Iridium.
- Copper: provides faster performance but has a short life span.
- Platinum: lasts longer than copper, however does not provide faster performance like Copper and Iridium.
- Iridium: is the best material for spark plugs. It both lasts longer and provides faster performance. Iridium is both stronger and harder than copper and platinum but it is expensive. Most of the engine uses Iridium spark plugs. Because it is compatible with almost all types of automobiles.
The price is another essential consideration when selecting spark plugs for your Ford Fiesta. Not all will be affordable with the same amount of budget. Whether your budget is high or low, we hope this list will help you out.
5 Best Spark Plugs for Ford Fiesta in 2022
It is common to get confused when buying new spark plugs because everyone in the market claims they are the best. Don’t worry, we have made things easy for you. By sorting out overall the best features and budget, we have created our list with the 5 best spark plugs in the market. Check out more about these products below.
1. Best Overall: DENSO Iridium Power spark plugs
|Top Feature||Technical Specifications|
|Comes in a 4 pack-plug|
Complete fuel ignition
Smallest center electrode
Decrease voltage usage
|Manufacturer: Sixity Auto|
Item Weight: 7.7 Ounces
Product Dimension: 3.62 x 3.84 x 0.96 inches
Core Material: Iridium
Top Material: Metal
DENSO is on our top listed spark plugs because they are good With a cleaner burn and a better throttle response than other normal plugs. In order to boost the efficiency of exhaust gas purification and fuel consumption, the ground electrode was designed to be more ignitable. 100 % pre-fired DENSO Spark Plug for dependable operation and double the life of a normal plug. A Five-rib insulator minimizes voltage loss.
The U-grooved ground electrode with a tapered cut enhances ignition and reduces quenching. Installation is easy by using machine-rolled threads that avoid seizing and cross-threading.
Related: Denso Iridium Spark Plugs Review
2. Best Budget Friendly: Motorcraft spark plugs
|Top Features||Technical Specifications|
Item weight: 0.353 ounces
Product Dimensions: 3.3 x 1.1 x 0.6 inches
Central tip Material: Iridium
Ground electrode Material: Platinum
Item Model: SP525
When you purchase Motorcraft spark plugs, you can be certain that you will receive the dependable performance and maximum voltage that you require from your spark plugs. It is designed to provide fast starts with a service frequency of up to 100,000 miles. Its side wire electrodes with a proprietary platinum pad and an iridium-enhanced center electrode.
Great for Ford cars
|Comparatively shorter life span|
3. Best For Longer Life: NGK Irdium Spark Plugs
|Top Features||Technical specifications|
|Better throttle response|
Help engine to perform better
Provide torque and horsepower
They offer a four-plug set
100% genuine NGK plugs
|Manufacturer: NGK Iridium IX Resistor |
Brand: WD Express
Item Weight: 6.9 Ounces
Gap: 1.1 millimeter
Product Dimensions: 3.94 x 3.94 x 0.91 inches
Core Material: Iridium
Top Material: Ceramic, Metal
Thread Size: 14 millimeter
The New Iridium NGK spark plug increases the torque and horsepower in most of the engines. The combination of nickel electrodes and fine-wire iridium center is the reason behind it. Its electrode laser construction made it capable of providing a decent life span to its users.
As a result of its trivalent metal plating, it is impervious to rust and corrosion, as well as seizing. NGK Iridium IX spark plug ensures automobiles run for up to 160,000 miles.
|Easy to install|
|Performance depends upon how well they fit into the gap, so you have to be careful while making a selection|
4. Best For Fuel Economy: DENSO Iridium TT spark plugs
|Top Features||Technical Specifications|
|Resist fouling |
Provide constant spark
Super fuel saving
Item weight: 1.6 ounces
Thread Pitch – 1.25 millimeter
Product dimensions: 3.66 x 0.98 x 0.98 inches
Model Number: ITV20TT
Centre electrode: Iridium 0.4 millimeter
Ground electrode: Platinum 0.7 millimeter
DENSO spark plugs are Japanese manufactured original equipment that offers satisfying performance. TT technology is their most recent invention. This is constructed with twin-tip technology and has an 11mm platinum center electrode.
The center electrode is made of iridium and the ground electrode is made up of platinum metal. The combination of these two allows the spark plug to be extremely capable of corrosion-resistant to chemicals like gasoline.
The Iridium tip is attached using an “All-around Laser Welding” technique that assures high reliability under severe driving conditions. Even after 100k miles, this spark plug can supply consistent spark. DENSO TT spark plugs are known for their efficient fuel burn and smooth idle performance.
Better fuel economy
|A bit costly|
5. Best For Quick Ignition: NGK Iridium IX spark plugs
|Top Features||Technical Specifications|
Boost up acceleration
Easy to install
|Manufacturer: Sixty Auto|
Item Weight: 7 Ounce
Product Dimension: 3.7 x 0.94 x 3.32 inches
Gap: 0.8 millimeter
Core material: Iridium
NGK is one of the top-notch quality spark plugs in the automotive market. Their advanced center and ground electrodes provide a rapid spark. The durable coating reliably protects the spark plug from corrosion, offering long-lasting sparking capabilities. The center and ground electrodes create adequate spark focusing on fewer misfires.
How to Replace the Ford Fiesta Spark Plug?
Replacing Ford’s spark plug is easy. All plugs require the same steps. However, if you do not feel confident enough, we recommend you not to do it, in that case, you can take professionals’ help.
Steps to follow:
- Engine must remain stop
- Open your car’s bonnet.
- If your Fiesta has a plastic engine cover then pull it off straight and keep it in a safe place.
- You can use a fender on the front side to protect it from any possible damage during replacement.
- Disconnect the rubber from the ignition coil housing straight out of the well. If you face trouble to remove then use a pair of pliers and gently pull it up.
- Use a 3/ 8’’ ratcheting wrench to attach to the 5 / 8’’ spark plug socket to the 6-inch extension bar. Rotate it counterclockwise and lose the previous spark plugs. You should not put extra force or pressure on this process.
- If you are unable to loosen the plugs you can use penetrating oil or spray. If you do not have access to them. You can warm up the engine for a few minutes to expand the metal.
- Once you lose the spark plugs, disconnect the wrench and spin it and pull it out by hand. Lift it up and detach it from the old socket.
- Clean dirt from the spark plug well
- Check whether your plugs are pre-gapped or not. If not then gap them according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the new spark plugs and put it down in the well. Rotate it in a clockwise direction until it connects with the cylinder head.
- Attach the ratcheting wrench in the extension bar and tighten the new spark plugs.
- Double-check if the plugs are all set. Then start the engine and check if there is any strange noise. If there is no wired sound then you have successfully replaced them.
- Do not put any excessive force
- We recommend using gloves for your safety
- Be extra careful while working with the spark plug wrench
What is the Ford Fiesta 1.6 spark plug gap?
A properly gapped plug will be wide enough to burn hot, but not so wide that it skips or misses at high speeds, causing that cylinder to drag, or the engine to begin to rattle. If you choose iridium spark plugs then you do not have to worry about the gap. Iridium plugs are mostly pre-gapped.
How often should you change spark plugs in Ford Fiesta?
After every 100000 miles, you should change the spark plugs of your fiesta engine. Your Fiesta service intervals may need to be adjusted if you drive it vigorously, for long periods of time, or on steep inclines.
How long do spark plugs last in a Ford Fiesta?
According to a user’s review, spark plugs in Ford Fiesta last for 100,000 to 150,000 miles. After that, it should be replaced or the fuel consumption starts to get worse.
Maintaining your Ford Fiesta keeps it running smoothly and provides you with dependability. Therefore, choosing the finest spark plugs is crucial for your car’s safety. We have selected the best spark plugs for Ford Fiesta, the greatest spark plugs available in today’s market. We have represented them with specifications so that you can make your mind to choose the one that suits your needs.