A catalytic converter is an important part of your car’s exhaust system. It helps to reduce harmful emissions and improve performance. Walker is a leading brand in catalytic converters, and they offer a variety of models to suit your needs. In this article, we will take a look at the Walker Catalytic Converter line-up and review some of their most popular options. Whether you are looking for improved fuel economy or reduced emissions, Walker has a converter that will fit your needs.
In this article, I’m going to discuss Walker’s catalytic converter review. This article is really special to me because I put all examples of walker catalytic converters from myself, my friends, and my relatives’ experiences. Therefore, I will review the 5 best walker catalytic converters, and any of them will meet your requirements.
Summarize the 5 Walker Catalytic Converter Reviews
1. Best Overall: Walker 82450 CalCat OBDIIWalker’s 82450 CalCat OBDII catalytic converter is the best overall choice for your exhaust system. It outperforms the competition in terms of emissions and fuel efficiency, and it’s very easy to install. So if you’re looking for a top-performing catalytic converter, the Walker 82450 is definitely worth considering.
2. Best Budget-friendly: Walker 82554 CalCat OBDIIWalker 82554 CalCat is a great budget-friendly catalytic converter. It’s designed for use with late-model cars and trucks with OBD II exhaust systems. The Walker 82554 CalCat converts harmful emissions into less harmful gases, helping to keep your car running clean.
3. Best Durable Exhaust: Walker 16299 Ultra EPA CertifiedWalker 16299 Ultra EPA Certified may be the best option for you. This exhaust is made with stainless steel and has a lifespan of up to 200,000 miles. It’s also certified by the EPA and CARB, so you can be sure it meets all of the latest emissions standards.
4. Best for Easy Installation: Walker 16351 Ultra EPA CertifiedWorried about installing a new catalytic converter? Walker’s 16351 Ultra EPA Certified converter is designed for easy installation and fits many popular vehicle applications. This direct-fit converter is backed by a limited lifetime warranty, ensuring that you can enjoy years of emissions-free driving.
5. Best for Less emissions: Walker 80906 CalCat Pre-OBDIIWalker 80906 CalCat Pre-OBDII catalyst is a direct replacement of the OE converter and bolts right up to the exhaust system. It features an innovative design that minimizes emissions, making it the best choice for those looking to reduce their environmental impact.
5 walker catalytic converter reviews in 2022
Before making a decision to buy a walker catalytic converter, it should be better to check the fit type of your vehicle
1. Best Overall: Walker 82450 CalCat OBDII
It is one of my favorite catalytic converters, and my paternal uncle used it for the last six years. Above all, he is happy about its consistency, durability, and reliability. By the way, it is an expensive catalytic converter in the walker series. Before discussing its features, let’s give you a little idea of why I put it in the first position.
Walker 82450 CalCat is a direct catalytic converter that is at hand for OBDII (1996 and newer) vehicles and pre-OBD (1995 and older) vehicles. In other words, It is specially constructed for California air resource board (CARB) regulations which are legal to sell in California state and other states.
It is premium material which makes it more durable. Although, it has a high-tech washcoat and valuable metals for effective conversion.
Stainless steel body– To maximize durability, it comes with a stainless steel body with aluminized pipe & heat shields for excellent durability.
OE-style and hangers position– For easy installation, it offers OE-style routing and hangers position. In addition, the unit features thick OE-style flanges that suit perfectly and are combined with hangers, and brackets, giving strength ability with long durability.
Design– It is for vehicles whose dimension is 22.3 x 17 x 7.3 inches even though it is included with precious metal
Why should you buy it?
- It is legal in the state of California, which meets the requirement of CARB. Above all, Meeting the California requirements makes it more vulnerable and useful because it offers super efficiency to the environment.
- All kinds of features are included to make Walker 82450 catalytic converter durable, and all features come with premium materials. Therefore, it gives 5 year or 50,000-mile warranty.
- Walker 82450 is easy to install. Therefore, It may not require welding and cutting. However, it provides maximum efficiency to boost the horsepower of your car.
- Premium materials
- Easy to install
- Maximum efficiency
- Long durability
2. Best Budget-friendly: Walker 82554 CalCat OBDII
My grandfather who is a fancy guy is using it in his car Walker 82554 CalCat OBDII Manifold Converter for a long time. Sometimes, I feel the touch of it because when he comes to visit my house I take a small drive in his car and I must say it is one of the best catalytic converters. Above all, my grandfather is really happy with its strong durability, consistency, and so on.
Walker 82554 CalCat is legal to sell in California because it also especially constructs with California air resource board (CARB) regulations. On the other hand, it is a direct fit catalytic converter that is available for OBDII (1996 and newer) vehicles and pre-OBD ( 1995 and older) vehicles. Needless to say, you will get all the information on the walker catalytic converter review.
It offers a stainless steel body with aluminized pipe and ardor shields for long durability which makes it more reliable to users.
Design– It is built with high-quality premium material that promises long-term durability. Although, the walker’s internal interior structure allows it to exhaust fumes without compromising the flow rate. As a result, it decreases backpressure.
Thick OE style flanges– It boosts the strength of your engine because of hangers and backers. Moreover, OE style routing and hangers position help to convenient to install.
Why should you buy it?
- Walker 82554is direct-fit catalytic converter. Consequently, it is easy to install. Moreover, the OE style routing and hanger position make it more convenient to install.
- For amazing features, it provides amazing efficiency, which will enhance car performance as well as it provides 5 year or 50,000 miles warranty.
- It comes with a stainless steel body, and thick OE style flanges to meet the requirements of a wide range of applications. Furthermore, Walker 82554 has been doing a tremendous job for cars increasing their performance.
- 5 years/50,000 miles structural integrity warranty
- Easy to install
- Value of money
- Attractive design
- May start with rattle
3. Best Durable Exhaust: Walker 16299 Ultra EPA Certified
You have seen this walker catalytic converter review depicting my relative’s experiences with catalytic converters. Now, I’m going to elaborate on the Walker 16299 Ultra EPA, which I am using in my vehicle. For instance, Using this catalytic converter gives me so much comfort and relaxation because I didn’t experience any kind of trouble yet.
You cannot use it in California as it couldn’t meet the requirements of CARB regulations. However, you can use new York and other states as it is designed as a direct fit catalytic converter providing premium performances and also meeting EPA standards while delivering premium performances.
EPA complaint which is basically for use in OBDII vehicles is a requirement to use in new york and other states. Moreover, it offers so many features that make your car smooth and more durable to use for a long time.
Direct-fit design– Great feature of having a direct-fit bolt-on replacement solution OE-style hanger, routine, brackets, and heat shields for an easy installation. So, users don’t need specialized to install it.
OE style technology– This high-tech technology washcoat and optimal precious metal are required to minimize tailpipe emissions to suit the vehicles. Although, features of OE-style flanges, hangers, and brackets are for more strength and durability.
Why should you buy it?
- Walker 16299 comes with a direct-fit design. As a result, the replacement solution is OE-style hangers, breakers, routing, and heat shields for easy installation. Moreover, it doesn’t require welding and fabrication.
- Shaped to use in 1996 and newer. Walker 16299 is an EPA complaint and it is not legal to use in California because it couldn’t meet the requirements of CARB. However, it is legal to use New York or EPA federation vehicles.
- High technology washcoat and optimal precious metals allow it to carry heavy vehicles and it is an ideal choice for heavy vehicles. Furthermore, it provides tremendous durability because it comes with premium materials.
- Value with price
- Offers premium materials
- Excellent flow
- Not to use in California
4. Best for Easy Installation: Walker 16351 Ultra EPA Certified
To give a review of Walker 16351, I was recommended. One of my uncles has been using this catalytic converter. So, he highly recommended it and said that it is the best catalytic converter in his life because he didn’t find any good converter in his career rather than. in addition, it is smooth, durable, strong, and easy to install, his ascertain.
It is also constructed with premium materials and provides tremendous services throughout. But, it is not legal to sell in California as it couldn’t meet the requirement of CARB. However, it is precisely preferable to use in NEW York and other states.
It has an EPA complaint which usages on OBDII vehicles, 1996 and newer. Although, it remains lots of substantial materials which really come in handy when you are on the road.
Direct-fit design– It is constructed with a direct-fit design. Therefore, It is a replacement solution with OE-style hangers, breakers, routing, and heat shields that don’t require expertise fabrication.
Strong and durable– OE styles included flanges, hangers, and brackets which make a catalytic converter more strong and more durable. Furthermore, features are aluminized by a heat shield which also makes it reliable.
Why should you buy it?
- Walker 16351 is manufactured to meet the requirements of vehicle emissions standards. the body and heat shields are made from premium materials for easy installation and long life.
- Direct fit catalytic converter allows users to install it easily such as Walker 16351 coming from direct fit and EPA complaint. Now, it is strong, durable, and easy to install for amazing materials.
- It is not legal to use in California. However, it is legal to use in New York and Maine on EPA federation-equipped vehicles only.
- Easy to install
- Good use of money
- Premium quality
- Direct fit
- Sometimes start with a rattle
5. Best for Fewer emissions: Walker 80906 CalCat Pre-OBDII
This catalytic converter is also used by one of my young friends. Although, it is precisely recommended for your vehicle. Needless to say, the walker catalytic converter review is the last review of the catalytic converter, and it is for low-budget price users because it comprises all essential features at a low price.
The Walker 80906 CalCat Pre-OBDII is legal to sell in California state as it meets the requirements of CARB regulations. Moreover, it offers 5 years or 50,000 miles of structural integrity warranty.
With a lower price having a walker catalytic converter brings happiness as walker 80906 is designed with all substantial features which are really essential and handy for durable and strong performances.
Stainless steel– It is made of a stainless steel body with aluminized pipe and extreme heat making it a more durable and attractive look. Furthermore, it is an expandable bushing for custom.
Design– It provides the best services that eliminate faul exhaust smells. It comes with a universal converter that requires modification to custom installation.
Why should you buy it?
- It is legal to use in California. Regardless, we know which catalytic converter the CARB component is basically expensive, but you will get it at a cheap price.
- Walker 80906 offers 5 years or 50,000 miles warranty. Moreover, it is constructed of stainless steel with aluminized pipe and heat shields for long life.
- Walker 80906 earns lots of frames and positive responses from customers. Therefore, it got 5 out of 5 positive reviews. Although, it is about a cheap catalytic converter to compare with features.
- Good reviews
- Use in California
- Difficult to install
For Us, Walker 82450 CalCat OBDII is a perfect catalytic converter in the walker series. we hope, you will also find your ideal walker catalytic converter.