Towing an F350? We have the answer for you. With our expert knowledge in towing shocks, we suggest that if your car has over 50,000 to 100,000 miles on it, then it would be best to invest in a set of quality shock absorbers. Shock absorbers are not a one-size-fits-all product, so make sure you know what your needs are before making any purchases. Are you having trouble with excessive bouncing when going around corners or turning sharply? Perhaps the rear end is bouncing after driving over bumps and potholes? You might need some new shocks for your truck.
When towing a truck, the shocks are one of the most important aspects. If you’re looking for some great shocks to get your vehicle through any tough terrain, try one of these ones. They’ll protect your truck and keep it running smoothly.
Our Top Pick
1. Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shock: Compatible with 2005-2016 Ford F250 and F350Easy to install, Lifetime warranty, Monotube design.
2. Fox 2.0 Performance Shock: Compatible with 2005-2016 Ford F350 Super DutyMonotube gas-charged, Easy to install, limited 1-year warranty.
3. Rancho RS5000 Shock: Compatible with 2005-2014 Ford F-250 F-350 Super DutyEasy to Install, High-quality materials that can withstand up to 9 times.
4. Fox 2.0 Performance Shock Rear Pair: Compatible 1999-2016 Ford F350 Super Duty,Made of a synthetic rubber compound to protect the transmission gearbox, Quick installation.
5. Detroit Axle Front & Rear Shock: Compatible with 1999-2004 Ford F-250 /F350 Super DutyMinimizing leak paths for longer product life, 10 years warranty.
Factor to Consider Before Choosing The Best Shocks For Towing f350
The best shocks for towing f350 are important for your car. They help keep the tires on the ground and provide a smooth ride. You should have them replaced every 10 years or so to ensure that you’re getting the most out of the vehicle. There are many factors to consider before choosing these shocks, which is why this article will discuss all of those things.
The first thing that you should consider is what type of shocks you want. There are many different kinds of shocks available on the market today and each one has its own unique pros and cons. You also need to think about where the truck will be towed because certain types of trucks have specific needs when being towed.
Weight the truck
Make sure that you take into account how much weight the truck can carry so that your vehicle doesn’t suffer any damage during transportation.
if you have extra cash, then it’s ok to splurge on the expensive ones. If not, don’t worry because there are also cheaper options that will still do the job well enough.
How often you tow
if you only tow once in a while, then it may be worth getting something less expensive that doesn’t need constant replacement or adjustment.
what size of vehicle do you typically tow? This will determine which type of shock is needed as well as length and thickness requirements.
If you’re looking at installing new shocks on your truck then make sure that they are compatible with both sets of wheels (tires).
Best Shocks For Towing f350 / Super Duty Comparison Table
|Name||Fit Type||Weight||Product Dimension||Image|
|Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shock||2005-2016||22.5 pounds||10 x 10 x 30 inches|
|Fox 2.0 Performance Shock||2005-2016||30 pounds||15 x 35 x 10 inches|
|Rancho RS5000 Shock||2005-2014||22 pounds||10 x 12 x 5 inches|
|Fox 2.0 Performance Shock Rear Pair||1999-2016||14 pounds||42 x 3 x 6 inches|
|Detroit Axle Front & Rear Shock||1999-2004||22.2 pounds||23.62 x 6.3 x 6.3 inches|
5 Best Shocks For Towing f350 Review In 2022
Towing a truck can be hard on shock absorbers. That’s why you need the best shocks for towing f350. Here are five of our favorite shock absorbers that have been tested and approved by professional mechanics. They’re durable, affordable, and easy to install. You’ll get all the information you need below in this article.
1. Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shock
The Bilstein 5100 Monotube Gas Shock Set is a replacement for the original equipment on the 2005-2016 Ford F250 and F350. This shock set can be used as an upgrade to improve your vehicle’s ride quality, handling, and performance. It is also one of the only shocks that are compatible with all 2005-2016 models. Are you looking for better control of your truck? Do you want to lower your stance or reduce body roll on turns? If so, this may be the perfect product for you.
- If you have a 4WD vehicle, then the shocks are perfect for your needs. They’re compatible with both 2″ front lift and rear 0-1″.
- With all shocks except in cases of special fitment, Shock boots are included.
- The racehorse of tube amps, the monotube design offers a longer lifespan and better performance.
- Kit includes everything you need to mount your shocks including all of the parts that come with it, bushings, and nuts. Reused factory shock mounting bolts are an easy install.
- Bilstein’s Limited Lifetime Manufacturer’s Warranty is a life insurance policy that protects against defects and premature failure.
2. Fox 2.0 Performance Shock
Fox 2.0 Performance Shock Set for 2005-2016 Ford F350 Super Duty 4WD is a set of performance shocks that are designed to replace your existing air shock absorbers with some heavy-duty ones. These are the perfect upgrade for any truck owner who tows on a regular basis or leads an active lifestyle.
- These shocks are built to be used with 4WD vehicles at the factory height or 0-1.5″ Front Lift and 0-1″ Rear Lift adjustment settings. They’re also perfect for those looking to alter their ride height, providing smoother handling on rough terrain without sacrificing wheel control when driving normally.
- Get your feet protected with these shock boots and roost shields through the sky like a bird.
- Monotube gas charged with a 2-inch aluminum seamless alloy body. Shocks are rebuildable and nitrogen gas rechargeable, providing you with the ultimate riding comfort for every type of terrain.
- All necessary washers, bushings, and nuts included. Factory shock mounting bolts are reused for installation with a professional touch.
- Fox’s limited one (1) year warranty is a protection plan that guarantees your new product will be free from defects and premature failure.
3. Rancho RS5000 Shock
Towing your vehicle can be a daunting task, but Rancho RS5000 Shocks 2005-2014 For Ford F-250 F-350 Super Duty 4WD 0-1.5 Set is here to help. These shocks are designed with the driver in mind and will provide you with adequate control of your ride for any condition. If you’re looking for performance shock absorbers that offer enhanced stability and traction on all surfaces, then you’ve found them.
- The Rancho RS5000 Shock was designed to be a perfect fit for the Ford F-250, F350 Super Duty 4WD truck. With increased shock force and more stable handling on rough terrain, this product will help you tow heavy or transport goods easily without worrying about damaging your ride.
- IF350 dually tuned up and when it came time to install the new shocks, they are a perfect fit. The process of turning them in is fairly easy too.
- The softer ride is much appreciated given the fact that it makes for a more comfortable journey.
- Their design is perfect for both on-road and off-road driving, which makes them the best choice when it comes to performance.
- They are also made with high-quality materials that can withstand up to 9 times the workload of traditional shock absorbers. This means that they are reliable in any environment, whether you’re taking your truck out on an epic road trip or just need some help getting up a steep hill.
4. Fox 2.0 Performance Shock Rear Pair
Fox 2.0 Performance Shock Rear Pair compatible 1999-2016 Ford F350 Super Duty is a high-performance shock absorber made to provide the best towing experience for heavy-duty applications. Fox’s patented valving provides a fast response and can be tuned in minutes without any specialized tools or expertise, so you’ll have the perfect suspension setup for your specific needs. These shocks are designed specifically to increase rear wheel travel, which ensures that your truck will not bottom out on uneven terrain when fully loaded with cargo.
- These two shock absorbers will keep your ride smooth even on the roughest roads. They’re perfect for vehicles with no suspension modifications or up to 1″ of rear lift systems, so whether you have a Pickup Truck that’s been sitting in storage all winter long or need some help carrying heavy cargo these are just what you need.
- Designed for 4WD vehicles, these shields are made of a synthetic rubber compound to protect the transmission gearbox. This product also includes boots that connect between your vehicle’s axles so they can be used on any type or size of the truck.
- All of the necessary parts for installing new shocks are included, and they’re even pre-adjusted so installation is quick. All you need now are some clamps or mounting plates.
- You can always rely on your Fox shock if it needs servicing for the lifetime of the product. If something goes wrong during that first 12 months, they will fix or replace it at no cost to you as long as it’s still under the guarantee period.
5. Detroit Axle Front & Rear Shock
Detroit Axle’s SRW 4WD Front and Rear shocks provide a cost-effective solution for towing heavy loads with your f350. They are custom designed specifically for the Ford F-350 Super Duty. These durable, high-quality shocks will ensure that you get the most out of your truck while towing or hauling heavy loads. Detroit Axles offers a lifetime warranty on these shock absorbers so you can be confident in their performance.
- For 1999-2004 Ford F-250 /F350 Super Duty 4×4 SRW “Single Rear Wheel”. This kit is made specifically for your vehicle and will give it what it needs to regain its lost stability.
- Shock absorbers are a part of the vehicle suspension that absorbs shock from bumps in order to limit body roll. They do this by increasing compliance, thus stabilizing your car when you take corners or travel over rough terrain.
- A piston seal adjusts as it wears to maintain a tight seal between the pistons, minimizing leak paths for longer product life.
- Detroit Axle is a leading supplier of aftermarket ride control products to OE vehicle manufacturers across the country. Utilizing its expertise in this field, Detroit has been able to deliver top-quality replacements for all major brands at competitive prices without sacrificing excellence or performance.
- Detroit Axle is the only hitch manufacturer to offer a 10-year warranty.
- The extra protection makes it worth considering when buying, especially since other brands only last around 3 years.
FAQ Of Best Shocks For Towing f350
Does Bilstein 5100 help with towing?
The adjustable 5100s in the front and standard 5100s at the rear of your vehicle provide a great balance between ride quality and handling power. They’re also good when towing since it’s hard not having an easy time driving.
Are our adjustable shocks good for towing?
One of the most common reasons to choose adjustable suspensions is because they’re able to handle different weights. Whether you need it for special equipment or just carrying around dirtbikes, shocks are only one part of this process.
Should I upgrade shocks for towing?
If you want to make your ride smoother, then upgrading the shocks on that old truck is one of many ways. Upgrade with heavy-duty ones for when you need them most.
Is air ride suspension good for towing?
Airbags are a great way to reduce sway and provide better steering, handling, and braking. They also help vehicles ride more comfortably on or off-road – whether it’s during acceleration or deceleration of travel.
It can be hard to know which ones will give you towing f350 or super duty the best ride. We’ve highlighted each of our products so that you can compare them side-by-side and choose what shock is right for your vehicle based on its weight class, application (towing), price point, and more.