The BRZ is a great car, but it can be even greater with the right aftermarket parts. Here we will give you some of the best exhausts for your BRZ. These products are going to make your car sound better and increase horsepower by over 10%. It’s really easy to install these products yourself and they’ll take less than an hour.
The best exhaust for a BRZ is one that is durable and provides the most power. A lot of them are made with lightweight materials so they won’t be adding unnecessary weight to your vehicle, but some people find it more important to have an exhaust system that sounds good too. Some customers prefer an exhaust system that has a louder sound than others so if you’re in the market for new engine parts, read on!
This blog post will show you some of the different types of exhaust systems available depending on your budget and what kind of performance modifications are desired. It also includes tips on where to find these.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: CORSA Cat-Back Exhaust System
- Best loudest: Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System
- Best for Performance: MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust System
- Best Easy to Use: XFORCE Cat-Back Exhaust System
- Best Cheap: Spec-D Tuning Catback Exhaust System
What to Consider Before Choosing The Best Exhaust for brz
When it comes to your car, you want the best exhaust for BRZ. The right one will help improve performance and fuel efficiency. It’s important to know what features are important for you before making a purchase. There are many things you should consider when buying an exhaust system including sound level, design, weight, and cost.
- Effectiveness: A properly fitted exhaust is key to getting the most out of your car. There are many factors that go into making this purchase, including sound performance, durability and price range for you as a buyer. If you place a high priority on all over effectiveness, then it would cost as much. For example- CORSA Cat-Back Exhaust System
- Sound level: Sound level is another factor to choosing an exhaust for your car. All of them aren’t just made for higher sounds, so if you’re looking into getting one that will get the job done then be sure and consider how much volume they can handle before making any purchases or installs unnecessary. For example- Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System
- Performance: Exhaust performance is another significant factor for achieving high-tempo driving. When you are the proud owner of a car, like BRZ / FR-S / Toyota 86, there are many things that come into play when it comes time to look at performance upgrades, exhausts being one such accessory which can dramatically increase your vehicle’s ability on gas mileage. For example- MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust System
- Type of exhaust: There are many different types of exhaust systems out there, cat-back is most popular. You need to make sure that the system is compatible with your car, and also consider how much power and sound output you want from your exhaust system.
- Design: The design of the exhaust will depend on how you want it to sound, what type of performance gains you’re looking for and how much money you have available. There is a wide variety of different designs that range from sleek, high-performance racing systems to more affordable factory replacement systems.
- Weight: It is imperative to know the weight of the exhaust system in order to make an informed decision. The weight will affect how much horsepower and torque your engine produces. An exhaust that weighs more than stock may actually cause a decrease in performance because it takes up space that could be used by other parts of the vehicle to increase power.
- Cost: There are many factors which can affect the price of an exhaust system, such as where it was manufactured and what materials were used when manufacturing it. A good way to find out more about these factors is by reading reviews below.
Best Exhaust For BRZ Comparasion Table
|CORSA Cat-Back Exhaust System||-Dual walled design|
-Premium Stainless Steel Construction
-Clamp, On Tip Design
|52 pounds||4.9 Out of 5|
|Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System||-Full stainless steel exhaust|
– million-mile warranty
-Straight through the exhaust system
|36 pounds||4.8 Out of 5|
|MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust System||-Stainless steel construction|
-Limited lifetime construction warranty
-3D scanning technology
|43 pounds||4.8 Out of 5|
|XFORCE Cat-Back Exhaust System||-Easy installation|
-VAREX remotely adjustable mufflers
|56 pounds||4.5 Out of 5|
|Spec-D Tuning Catback Exhaust System||-Easy installation|
-T-304 stainless steel
-Exceed OEM standards
|31.2 pounds||4.1 Out of 5|
5 Best Exhaust for BRZ (Toyota 86, FR-S)
Every car has its own personality and sound which is why exhaust systems are so important to the driving experience. Here’s our list of 5 of the best exhausts on the market for BRZ, Toyota 86, FR-S.
1. Best Overall: CORSA Cat-Back Exhaust System
The CORSA Cat-Back Exhaust System is the best overall in terms of quality and performance. It provides increased power and torque while improving throttle response, which is great when you’re on the highway or going up steep hills during your daily commute. Not only does this exhaust system sound amazing with its deep throaty tone but it also looks good with a Clamp-On Tip.
This rear pipe is great for cars in need of better exhaust systems. From the dual walled, heat distortion protection to the precision laser engraved CORSA logo, it’s sure to make your car roar in style. Plus, with the included tip kits in different sizes, this product will fit right onto your exhaust system.
Looking for a sleek exterior to turn heads? The CORSA 14864 BLK Cat-Back Exhaust System is the only system that offers an exclusive clamp-on tip design. Their stainless steel construction won’t rust or deteriorate, making this exhaust pipe just what you need to get your car looking better than ever before.
You may know how CORSA’s Patented Reflective Sound Cancellation (RSC) Technology makes your car’s exhaust sound, but did you know that this same patented technology is capable of completely eliminating drones while still providing your car with the aggressive performance it needs? That means that even on a traffic-filled highway, or during an evening cruise on the interstate, you can stay cool and enjoy the peace and quiet.
2. Best loudest: Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System
Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System is a high-performance exhaust system that is designed to provide excellent sound and power. Borla’s engineers have been designing exhaust systems for over 40 years, so you can feel confident in their design and craftsmanship. This system has the loudest tone out of all the ones we’ve tried and it also provides better throttle response than most other systems. Overall, I would recommend this product because it sounds good and does what it’s supposed to do.
There’s no question you’re on track to reach your goals with the Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System. Composed of stainless steel piping and custom-tuned mufflers, this exhaust system is engineered for maximum endurance and performance. The perfect accompaniment for a ride that begs to be heard.
A Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System is the key to unleashing your vehicle’s full potential. Pick from a variety of materials from titanium, stainless steel, or chrome for a custom appearance. Make heads turn as you drive by with an aggressive tone and enjoy increased horsepower and decreasing turbo lag.
Show off your car to all of your friends with the Borla Cat-Back Exhaust System. The system has a million-mile warranty and is easy to install. This 2.5-inch diameter front pipe will make heads turn when you drive by while looking cool and sounding great with its 20-inch aluminized stainless steel canister tips reducing backpressure for one of the loudest systems out there.
3. Best for Performance: MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust System
The MagnaFlow Cat-Back Exhaust System is the best performance exhaust system on the market. It produces more horsepower, torque, and sounds better than any other available option. The system includes a stainless steel muffler for durability and to avoid corrosion that can happen with chrome or aluminum materials. At this price, it’s an easy decision to choose MagnaFlow if you want your engine to perform at its peak potential.
Take your vehicle from a subtle purr to a ferocious growl. Our cat-back exhaust system is the perfect way to enhance the power and exterior sound of your BRZ, Toyota 86, FR-S without sacrificing comfortable interior noise levels.
Street Series performance exhausts are designed for those who really want their vehicle to stand out. Dyno-proven power combined with authentic tone quality will have you hearing the rumble down the street, not just when it’s in front of you.
Sick of the stock exhaust tune and want to unleash your car’s horsepower? Changing the exhaust system sounds like a daunting task but it doesn’t have to be with MagnaFlow’s Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System. This performance, stainless steel exhaust allows you to bypass replacing or modifying any other components on your vehicle with easy bolt-on installation. No gas leaks are possible thanks to close tolerances in design coupled with all-grade stainless steel construction for maximum corrosion resistance.
4. Best Easy to Use: XFORCE Cat-Back Exhaust System
The XFORCE Cat-Back Exhaust System is a performance exhaust system for the Toyota 86, FR-S, and BRZ. The all stainless steel construction will give you an improved powerband with increased horsepower and torque. It’s designed to improve throttle response, acceleration control, and fuel economy while giving your engine the aggressive sound it deserves. This Catback system includes all necessary mounting hardware making installation a breeze!
One remote for your new exhaust system? We don’t think so. With a side-exit, two-pipe design coming with a signature stainless steel finish, the XFORCE Cat-Back Exhaust System is easily installed simply on an in-car socket. It not only looks good behind the wheel but has the power to back up its aesthetic appeal with a blinding sound that’s rivaled by no one else.
If you’re always on the lookout for that next unique upgrade for your vehicle, then get ready to be blown away with this new exhaust system from VAREX. You’ll get all of the benefits of a normal muffler system in one little sound-changing pack.
The easy installation Exhaust System offers state-of-the-art engineering to your vehicle. Its one-of-a-kind design offers greater power throughout the whole RPM, with no compromises in torque or horsepower at any point during acceleration. Mainly, what you get is an amazing engine sound without compromising performance.
5. Best Cheap: Spec-D Tuning Catback Exhaust System
This exhaust system has two mufflers and features an aggressive tone with increased horsepower and torque. If you are looking for something cheap but still good quality, then this might be just what you’re looking for.
Introducing the Spec-D Tuning Dual Muffler Catback Exhaust System. 100% Brand new in original packaging with high quality full T-304 stainless steel and dual titanium tip guarantees a deep smooth tone that’s guaranteed. The system comes with a removable silencer, has a 4″ outlet and 2.5″ piping for up to 15 hp increase, CNC mandrel-bent tubing, and gaskets for installation. This is perfect if you want your car to look like it just rolled off of the showroom floor and even better than before.
Less backpressure is what gets you there. That’s why Spec-D developed their 2.5 inch Catback Dual Muffler Exhaust System with rear exit mufflers, mandrel-bent tube for more power, and less restriction on the street or track. And that’s not all their 3\” polished Tips are guaranteed to stand out.
We at Spec-D Tuning have done the research and teamed up with industry experts to ensure that our items are easy to install and meet or exceed OEM standards. If there is a problem, please contact them right away- they are here for you.
How do I make my BRZ louder?
There are a lot of ways to make your BRZ louder. You can add an aftermarket exhaust system, or modify the exhaust you already have. You can also install a louder intake system, or replace the stock muffler with a performance muffler.
There are many options available, so take your time and find the right solution for you. With the right modifications, you can really make your BRZ roar.
- Replace The Muffler
- Aftermarket Exhaust: For those who want to get the most power and performance out of their car, there is nothing like an aftermarket exhaust. You can make your engine work even better with one.
- Go For An Exhaust Tip: Gone are the days where you have to suffer through a dull and boring ride. With our exhaust tips, we make sure that your car’s sound never gets lost in translation.
- Turbo Chargers: Turbo chargers are a great way to make sure that your car never runs out of power on the road.
- Catback Exhaust: The cat back exhaust is a great way to give your car that extra power.This system connects between the muffler and tailpipe so you can hear what’s going on with both while enjoying improved emissions standards, increased sound levels in 1200 RPM range (for better tone).
- Install Headers: If you want to get more power and better sound, then install headers.
- Unclogging Exhaust Tubing: It’s important to note that you might not be getting the ideal sound due to a clog of dirt in your exhaust tubing. Make sure and take some time for maintenance by cleaning out this area or doing it yourself so you can get amazing loud noises from all aspects within one system.
- Hole In The Exhaust: The exhaust system on your car might be leaking. This is not good for the sound of course, but it’s also an easy fix. You can get rid of or reduce this problem by simply replacing any holes in pipes and mufflers with new ones so they are all connected properly together at their endpoints.
Are Toyota 86 and Subaru BRZ the same?
These two cars are similar, just like before but not identical. The Subaru BRZ and Toyota GR86/GT86 – rest in peace Scion FR-S, hold down the inexpensive sports car segment with their rear-wheel-drive dynamics that make them great fun to drive on winding roads or race tracks alike.
How much HP does a turbo add to a BRZ?
Turbo. “An extra 150 horsepower completely transforms this car,” says Chris Riggs the CEO of Speed by Design as he proudly shows me around his company’s latest offering for zooming around town.
Is it better to supercharge or turbo BRZ?
The best thing about a supercharger is that it will provide you with a better low-end response when compared to any turbo, which can make the street or tracks tighter.
Does a better exhaust improve speed?
An aftermarket performance exhaust system can free up some of the power in your engine for faster, more efficient gas escape. This means that as soon as spent fuel and air leave through combustion chambers they’re easier on it because there’s less resistance from other parts getting in their way.
Does BRZ attract attention?
The beautiful and exciting BRZ still draws attention, even after almost 5 years. Attracting men like moths to light is what it does best.
How much horsepower can you get out of a Toyota 86?
The Toyota 86 is a sought-after sports car, and it comes standard with 205 horsepower! The six-speed manual transmission produces 156-pound feet of torque. If you want an automatic version for when the weather stays dry or just don’t feel like shifting yourself then opt instead to get one equipped with an updated 2-liter boxer four-cylinder engine which yields 200hp but only 151 on demand at lower RPMs.
After a thorough analysis of the different exhausts available for Subaru BRZ, Toyota 86, and FR-S models we have come to an agreement that CORSA Cat-Back Exhaust System is the best option. The company has been in business since 1989 and they are very popular among car enthusiasts. They offer high-quality products at reasonable prices with excellent customer service which will ensure your satisfaction. We hope you find this article helpful when deciding on what exhaust system to purchase for your vehicle.