With over a decade of production under its belt, the Honda S2000 is undoubtedly a classic roadster. As such, it’s important to find quality parts and upgrades to keep your car performing at its best. One popular upgrade for many enthusiasts is coilovers.
Coilovers are really a big concern when it comes to upgrading. They are not only responsible for the handling and ride height of your car, but they can also be the cause of accidents if not maintained properly.
It is important that when considering coilovers for your Honda S2000, you do your research and find a reputable company that provides the best Coilover for your car and that suits your needs.
If you’re looking for the best coilovers for your Honda S2000, then there are a few things you need to consider.
The first thing you need to think about is what type of driving you’ll be doing most with your S2000. If you’re mostly just using it for street driving and weekend cruises, then a more comfortable Coilover setup. But if you’re planning on doing any track days or autocross events, then you’ll want something that’s a little bit more performance-oriented.
We are discussing quality Coilovers for the S2000 series. When looking for a good Coilover kit, you want something that is not only going to improve the handling and performance of your car but is also going to be durable and long-lasting.
Our Top Picks
- Best Overall: BC Racing BR Series Coilovers
- Best for Track: Tein Super Racing Coil-Over Damper Kit
- Best for Street Use: HKS Coilover (MAX 4 SP AP1/AP2 Full Kit)
- Best for Comfort Ride: Revel Touring Sport Damper
- Best Value Coilover: GOWE Coilovers Suspension kit
- Best for Daily Driving: Buddy Club Sport Spec Coil-Over
- Best for Ride-height: K-Tuned K2 Circuit Coilovers System
How Did We Research?
Coilovers are a great way to improve the handling and ride of your Honda S2000. But with so many different options available, it can be difficult to determine which ones are best for your car. Here are a few things to consider when choosing coil overs for your Honda S2000:
- Brand: We do our homework and research thoroughly before coming up with a conclusion. We start off by checking out the reputation of each company, as well as their products’ quality assurance process for safety reasons; then move on to see how they compare against other brands in terms of features offered like ride height adjustments, etc.
- Type of driving: The most important part of our research process is checking out the type and frequency with which you drive your S2000. We want to make sure that any coilovers we recommend will be able to provide ample support for all types, styles, or brands so as not to limit anyone’s style preferences!
- Customer reviews: Well it all starts with checking customer reviews online, then listening closely and making note of any common complaints or concerns that people have regarding particular brands/models, etc.
- Features: The modern era means there are many options available when looking into coil-over conversions; however they should still pack enough quality features such as increased adjustability so everyone will find something perfect regardless of their needs vary depending on where exactly one lives generally speaking.
- Car models: We know that every car is different, which means there are no one-size fits all solution when it comes to suspension. We research and test out what coilovers offer so you can make an informed decision on your next upgrade!
- Compatibility: We know that your car is one of the most important purchases you will ever make. That’s why we strive to ensure compatibility with all our listed coilovers so it fits well and improves performance, reducing wear on both vehicle components as well as improving aesthetics!
How Could You Choose Coilovers for S2000?
When looking for coilovers for your S2000, you’ll want to consider a few factors.
Besides that, It largely depends on your driving style and what you’re looking for in terms of performance. If you’re looking to reduce body roll and improve handling without compromising comfort, then a set of sport coilovers would be a good fit.
If you’re looking for something more aggressive, then a set of track coilovers would be better suited. They offer greater adjustability and are designed for harder driving conditions.
You must follow these. First, you need to decide what type of driving you will be doing. If you will mainly be driving on the street, then you’ll want coilovers that provide a comfortable ride and good handling. If you will be doing track days or autocross, then you’ll want coilovers that provide more performance and less comfort.
Next, you need to decide how much money you want to spend on your coilovers. There is a wide range of prices available, and it’s important to choose something that fits within your budget.
Third, make sure to choose a reputable brand with a good reputation for quality control.
Fourth, you’ll want to decide what you’re looking for in terms of ride quality. Do you want a stiffer ride that handles better but is more uncomfortable? Or would you rather have a softer ride that’s more comfortable but doesn’t handle as well?
Finally, you must consider fitment, construction, and adjustability.
Fitment – Make sure the coilovers will fit your car. Some coilovers are designed for certain makes and models of vehicles only.
Construction – Look for coilovers that are made with high-quality materials. This will ensure durability and long-term performance.
Adjustability – Choose coilovers that offer a wide range of adjustment options so you can fine-tune them to your needs.
Comparison Table Of Best Coilovers For Honda S2000
|BC Racing BR Series Coilovers
|4.9 Out Of 5
|– User-friendly adjustments that allow you to customize the ride height and damping to your liking
– Robust construction that ensures durability and long life
– A wide range of available spring rates, so you can find the perfect setup for your vehicle
– Ride quality that is firm but comfortable, making it ideal for both street and track use.
|Check Price On Amazon
|Tein Super Racing Coil-Over Damper Kit
|5 Out Of 5
|– 16 levels of damping force adjustment
– Mono-tube design for superior rigidity and stability
-44mm hard chromed piston rod for strength and durability
– Threaded body for easy height adjustment
|Check Price On Amazon
|HKS Coilover (MAX 4 SP AP1/AP2 Full Kit)
|4.7 Out Of 5
|-25mm diameter piston rods
-Monotube design for maximum heat dissipation
-Adjustable spring perches for ride height adjustment
-Threaded body for camber adjustment
|Check Price On Amazon
|Revel Touring Sport Damper
|4.7 Out Of 5
|– Heavy-duty steel construction for superior strength and durability
– Adjustable compression and rebound damping for fine-tuned performance
– Monotube design for consistent, fade-free performance
|Check Price On Amazon
|GOWE Coilovers Suspension kit
|4.8 Out Of 5
|– The coilovers are made of high-quality materials that ensure durability and long service life.
– They provide excellent ride quality and handling performance.
– The adjustable damping allows you to fine-tune the ride to your own needs and preferences.
– The coilovers are easy to install and can be adapted to a wide range of vehicles.
– They offer great value for money.
|Check Price On Amazon
|Buddy Club Sport Spec Coil-Over
|4.6 Out Of 5
|-45mm levels of damping adjustment to fine-tune your suspension
-Mono-tube design for improved response and reduced NVH
-Custom spring rates and lengths to match your vehicle’s specifications
-Optional camber plates available for additional adjustability
|Check Price On Amazon
|K-Tuned K2 Circuit Coilovers System
|4.7 Out Of 5
|– 20 clicks of damping adjustment to ensure you can find the perfect setting for your needs
– Mono-tube design for superior performance and ride quality
– Custom spring rates to match your vehicle and driving style
– Ride height adjustment to dial in your ideal stance
|Check Price On Amazon
7 Best Coilovers For Honda S2000 – Top Listed
There are so many different coilovers on the market these days that it can be difficult to choose the best set for your vehicle. In this blog post, we will discuss 7 of the best coilovers for Honda S2000 vehicles based on our independent research and customer feedback. Keep reading to learn more!
1. Best Overall: BC Racing BR Series Coilovers
BC Racing’s BR Series coilovers are a great option for those looking for an overall great suspension setup. They’re built with high-quality materials and feature a threaded body design that makes them adjustable to your driving preferences. Plus, they come with a limited lifetime warranty, so you can be sure you’re getting a quality product.
This Coilover kit also includes adjustable camber plates, so you can fine-tune your alignment for optimal tire contact patch and handling. And with a wide variety of spring rates available, you can tailor the Series Coilovers to your specific driving style and needs.
- Excellent ride quality – The BC Racing BR series coilovers are known for their great ride quality. They offer a very comfortable ride while still providing good handling and performance.
- Adjustability – The coilovers are adjustable, which allows you to fine-tune the ride height and stiffness to your own liking.
- Durable construction – The coilovers are made from high-quality materials that are built to last.
- Value for money – The coilovers offer excellent value for the price you pay.
- Reduced body roll – BC Racing coilovers dramatically reduce body roll, which results in a much more controlled and stable ride. This is especially beneficial when driving on winding roads or during spirited driving.
- Increased responsiveness – since BC Racing coilovers firm up the suspension, your car will respond more quickly to driver input, making it feel more agile and nimble.
- Better handling – with BC Racing coilovers, you’ll experience improved handling as well as better traction when accelerating or braking. This means you can take corners with greater confidence and control than ever before.
- Can be harsh on uneven surfaces – while BC Racing coilovers offer a significant improvement in ride quality
2. Best for Track: Tein Super Racing Coil-Over Damper Kit
This suspension system is specifically designed for race car enthusiasts who want to get the most out of their vehicles. With its adjustable dampening, this coilover kit can easily be tailored to meet your individual driving needs.
Made of steel for lasting strength, this kit features mono-tube internal construction and an inverted design for the strut-type front and rear suspension systems. Plus, you can adjust the ride height to suit your needs, and the 16 x 16-way adjustable dampers let you fine-tune the compression and rebound settings. The pillow ball upper mounts provide an increased steering feel, while the camber adjustments on the front for strut-type vehicles help you dial in the perfect setup. And for added convenience, the springs are sold separately.
- Improved Stability – The coil-over damper kit helps keep your car stable even when driving at high speeds or on uneven surfaces. This is especially important for drivers who take their cars off-road or on the race track.
- Increased driver control and handling – The coil-over damper kit provides a much tighter feel when steering, which gives drivers more control over their cars. This can be especially beneficial when taking corners or navigating through tight spaces.
- Enhanced suspension performance – The kit also improves the suspension performance of your vehicle, providing a smoother ride overall. This is especially beneficial for those who drive on uneven or rough roads often.
- Improved ride quality – Not only do the Tein coilovers make your car more responsive and agile, but they also provide a smoother, more comfortable ride quality than stock shocks and struts.
- Reduces body roll for a more sporty feel – This kit provides a more sporty feel while reducing unsightly body roll, making your car look and feel more like a racecar. Additionally, it can also improve your car’s handling and stability in the event of a collision.
- Installation can be difficult without prior experience or the help of a professional mechanic
- May be too stiff for some driving styles or preferences
- More expensive than some other coil-over kits on the market
3. Best for Street Use: HKS Coilover (MAX 4 SP AP1/AP2 Full Kit)
These coilovers are perfect for those who want to tune their suspension to get the most out of their car on the street. Thanks to the adjustable damping and spring preload, you can dial in your suspension to perfectly match your driving style and needs. Plus, the high-quality construction means that these coilovers will last for years without any problems.
With a wide range of features and benefits, the HKS Coilover is the perfect choice for those who want the best performance out of their vehicle. Made from a washable urethane that is unaffected by moisture or gasoline, this product is easy to keep clean and will provide optimum performance time after time.
- Improved Stability – The Coilover system helps to improve the stability of your car, providing a smoother and more controlled ride.
- Superior Performance – The coilovers have been designed for optimal performance, ensuring that your car will handle better than ever before.
- Improved handling – The Coilover system is designed to improve the handling of your car, making it more agile and responsive on the road.
- Durable construction – The Coilover system is built to last, ensuring reliable performance for years to come.
- Excellent ride quality and adjustability – HKS coilovers offer a wide range of damper adjustments, so you can dial in the ride quality to your own personal preferences.
- Durable construction – HKS coilovers are built to last, with high-quality components that will withstand even the most extreme driving conditions.
- Easy installation – HKS coilovers are designed for easy installation, so you can have them up and running in no time.
- Slightly higher price tag than other Coilover systems on the market
- Limited availability (due to high demand)
4. Best for Comfort Ride: Revel Touring Sport Damper
There are a lot of things to consider when upgrading your car’s suspension. You want something that will improve your handling and performance, but you also need something that is comfortable for daily driving. If you’re looking for the best of both worlds, then the Revel Touring Sport Damper may be perfect for you. It offers great ride quality while still providing excellent performance benefits.
With 32-way adjustable dampening and perfectly balanced spring rates, this damper is designed for optimum ride quality no matter what the driving conditions. Larger piston valves and increased oil capacity allow for faster reacting dampening force, while high strength and rigidity brackets ensure confidence behind the wheel. Don’t settle for less – make the Revel Touring Sport Damper your go-to choice for comfort and performance.
- Increased handling and control over standard shock absorbers.
- Reduced body roll and improved stability while cornering.
- Easier adjustment of ride height and spring preload to suit your driving style or load requirements.
- Can improve the life of your tires by providing better traction and stability.
- More comfortable ride than stock shocks, even when traveling over rough terrain.
- Looks great!
- Priced lower than many other aftermarket shock options.
- Installation is relatively straightforward and can be done
- Requires more maintenance, as the damper needs to be cleaned and oiled regularly in order to function properly.
- It can also increase the price tag significantly.
5. Best Value Coilover: GOWE Coilovers Suspension kit
The GOWE Coilovers Suspension kit is one of the best values on the market, and it’s perfect for upgrading your S2000. With adjustable ride height and damping controls, you can fine-tune your suspension to match your driving style.
This great Coilover is perfect for the Honda S2000 AP1 AP2 2000-2009 and features adjustable ride height and preload spring tension. Plus, most components are made from durable 6063 aluminum with T6 for increased hardness. And thanks to the high tensile performance spring, you can trust that this Coilover will stand up to even the most rigorous use. Additionally, the pillow ball top mount design helps combat noise while tuning, and also improves steering feel and response.
- Increased handling and performance – When you lower your car’s center of gravity with a Coilover suspension, you’ll instantly notice an increase in handling and performance. The car will feel more stable and responsive when cornering, and you’ll be able to accelerate and brake faster.
- Enhanced appearance – A well-designed Coilover suspension kit can add an extra level of style and aggressiveness to your vehicle’s look. Plus, it can give it a more lowered appearance that many drivers find appealing.
- Improved ride quality – With coilovers, you can fine-tune the ride quality of your car to make it as smooth or stiff as you want. This is a great option if you’re looking for a more comfortable ride without sacrificing performance.
- Increased precision – Coilovers provide a much greater degree of precision than stock suspension systems, which means that you’ll be able to make smaller and more precise adjustments when necessary
- Improved comfort – the shocks are designed to soak up bumps and irregularities in the road for a smoother ride
- Reduced wear and tear on other components – when used in conjunction with springs, shocks, and sway bars, the coilovers help to distribute impact loads more evenly, reducing stress on other suspension components.
- Some drivers report that the ride quality can be a bit stiffer than they would like.
- They require regular maintenance in order to keep performing at their best.
6. Best for Daily Driving: Buddy Club Sport Spec Coil-Over
With a wide range of adjustability to get your suspension just right, this coil-over is perfect for those who want to dial in their S2000’s handling. Plus, its Damper Force valving system gives a smooth and compliant ride on the street while still providing great performance when pushed hard on the track.
With its precision-machined inner piston and 45mm damper, this coil-over provides a smooth ride while still delivering amazing performance. Additionally, its 19-way adjustable damping and rebound allow you to tune the coil-over to your specific needs, while its newly designed top hats, bump stops, and shock boots provide long-lasting durability. Plus, all of the Sport Spec Damper’s components go through a special anti-corrosion coating process to ensure they look great and perform even better.
- Excellent ride quality – much smoother than stock suspension and able to handle much more aggressive driving without bouncing around or bottoming out.
- Increased handling and stability -The Buddy Club coils offer a much-improved ride over the factory springs, due to their stiffer construction and more specialized design. This will result in less body roll and a flatter cornering surface, giving you greater control when pushing your car to the limits.
- Enhanced aesthetics -The Buddy Club Sport Spec coils are available in a number of different colors, so you can easily find a set that matches your car’s style. Moreover, they feature a bright racing stripe running down the center which helps them stand out from the competition.
- Increased cornering performance – the coil-over system helps to keep the vehicle more stable in turns, which enhances overall driving dynamics.
- Adjustable ride height – this feature allows you to personalize your car’s height, which can improve its appearance and also improve airflow beneath the vehicle.
- Durable construction – the Buddy Club Sport Spec Coil-Over is made from high-quality materials that can withstand extreme driving conditions.
- Installation can be a bit tricky, especially if you’re not familiar with suspension systems; it requires some basic mechanical skills and access to basic tools.
- Not available for all vehicles; check compatibility before purchasing.
7. Best for Ride-height: K-Tuned K2 Circuit Coilovers System
The K-Tuned system allows you to adjust your ride height easily, giving you the perfect setting for whatever driving situation you find yourself in. With its high-quality construction and precision engineering, the K-Tuned system is a great choice for anyone looking for the best ride height performance possible.
The system offers a twin tube shock design with a high-pressure gas charge and damper oil to reduce body roll and improve handling. The adjustable spring perch allows you to set the ride height according to your own personal preferences, ensuring a perfect fit no matter what car you drive. Plus, the K-Tuned coilovers are covered by a limited lifetime warranty, so you can be sure they’ll last long and continue serving you faithfully for years to come.
- Increased wheel travel and traction – The coilovers allow for more wheel travel, which means you can take on tougher obstacles with greater ease and maintain better traction when driving off-road.
- Enhanced handling and stability – The coilovers also provide improved handling and stability when cornering or driving in other challenging conditions.
- Superior performance and durability – The coilovers are built to last, providing superior performance and durability that you can count on season after season.
- Superior ride quality – K-Tuned coilovers are specially tuned to provide a smooth, comfortable ride while still offering excellent handling performance.
- Adjustable damping – Both rebound and compression damping can be adjusted independently, allowing you to perfectly dial in the ride feel that best suits your driving style and needs.
- Reduced body roll – when you make a turn, your car will stay more level instead of leaning over. This is especially important when driving at high speeds or in curves.
- Enhanced performance – with a better suspension system, you’ll be able to achieve faster acceleration and cornering speeds without experiencing as much wear and tear on your car.
- Some reviewers have complained about harsh ride quality, although this may be due to improper adjustment/setup.
- If not adjusted correctly, coilovers can lead to excess wear on tires and other suspension components. Make sure to consult with a professional if you’re not familiar with how to adjust coilovers.
What To Do After Installing New coilovers?
Once you have your new coilovers installed, the next step is to take your car out for a drive! Go to an empty parking lot or country road and take it for a spin. Get a feel for how your car handles the new coilovers – are they too stiff? Not stiff enough? Make any adjustments necessary and then take it for another drive.
It’s also a good idea to check the alignment of your car after installing new coilovers. It is recommended that you go for realignment after about 3-5 days of driving. This will ensure that your car rides and handles as smoothly as possible. It is obvious to be sure to keep an eye on your tires – they may need to be replaced more often now that you have new coilovers.
Here are three tips to follow:
Tip 1, take some time to adjust the height and damping settings to match your preferences. You’ll want to find a setting that provides the best ride quality without sacrificing too much handling performance.
Tip 2, be sure to take your car for a spin on some twisty roads. This will help you dial in the suspension settings and really get a feel for how they perform.
Tip 3, keep an eye on the wear and tear of your new coilovers. Be sure to replace any worn parts as needed in order to maintain optimal performance.
You Need Alignments After Installing Coilovers
While coilovers offer a great level of adjustability and performance, it’s important to note that they also change the geometry of your car. As such, it’s recommended to have an alignment after installing them.
An alignment will ensure that your car’s suspension is working optimally and that your tires are wearing evenly. A misaligned car can cause all sorts of problems, from uneven tire wear to poor handling. So if you’ve installed a set of coilovers on your vehicle, be sure to schedule an alignment as soon as possible!
It’s extremely important to have your vehicle aligned after installing new coilovers. Not only will this ensure that your car drives straight and true, but it will also help to extend the life of your new suspension components. Bring your car in for an alignment as soon as possible after installing your new coilovers for the best results.
Why You Shouldn’t Skip The Alignment After Installing Coilovers
Alignment is key after installing coilovers. When you lower your car, the geometry of the suspension changes, and if it’s not aligned properly, you could experience some negative consequences, such as premature wear on your tires or worse – damage to your car.
Here are four reasons why you should never skip alignment after installing coilovers:
1. Poor handling can result from misaligned wheels.
When your wheels aren’t aligned properly, it can cause steering problems and make your car more difficult to control.
2. Misaligned tires can wear down prematurely.
If your tires aren’t aligned correctly, they will wear down on one side much faster than the other. This will decrease the lifespan of your tires and increase your maintenance costs.
3. Not enjoyable.
It’s not enjoyable because if you don’t have your car properly aligned after installing coilovers, it can wear out your suspension and steering components a lot faster.
Also, improper alignment can cause your car to pull to one side or the other while driving, which is not only unsafe but also really annoying. So if you’ve just installed a set of coilovers on your car, be sure to take it in for an alignment as soon as possible!
4. Reduced lifespan
Many people choose to forgo an alignment after installing coilovers, thinking that it isn’t necessary. However, this can lead to the decreased lifespan of the coilovers and other problems down the road.
When you install a new set of coilovers, they need to be aligned in order to ensure that they are working properly and that they will last as long as possible. Without an alignment, you may experience decreased ride quality and handling, as well as premature wear and tear on your coilovers.
It is always best to have a professional align your car after installing new coilovers – this will ensure that everything is working correctly and that you get the most out of your investment.
What are the benefits of coilovers?
Coilovers provide improved handling and stability, allowing for better control of the car. Additionally, they allow for height and dampening adjustments, enabling car owners to customize the ride feel to their preferences. They also provide a bigger range of camber and caster adjustments for more precise cornering and steering, as well as improved cornering when driving at high speeds.
How do I know if my coilovers are set up correctly?
It is important to ensure that all components are securely tightened, that the vehicle is level, and that the dampening settings are adjusted properly in order to ensure that your coilovers are set up correctly. When checking your coilovers, it is essential to inspect them for any signs of wear and tear, such as damaged or missing components, and to observe the bounce test to ensure that the suspension is functioning correctly.
Additionally, you should measure the ride height to ensure that it is within the desired range and that the tire pressure is adjusted accordingly. If any of these components have not been properly set up, it is highly recommended to set them up correctly with the help of the manufacturer’s instructions.
How often should I check my coilovers?
It depends on how often you drive your car and how rough the roads are where you live. Coilovers generally need to be checked every 5,000 to 10,000 miles. If you drive your car on rough roads a lot, then you’ll need to check them more often.
What are some signs that my coilovers need to be replaced?
Common signs that your coilovers are in need of replacement include uneven tire wear, abnormal tire bounce, an increase in brake dive, an increase in body roll when cornering, and excessive noise coming from the suspension system. It is important to inspect your coilovers regularly to ensure they are functioning properly.
Whether you have a Honda S2000 AP1 or Ap2, we have all been covered by top-rated coilovers that will fit with your needs and preferences. They are rated as some of the best in this industry for various reasons such as being easy on tires while still giving an aggressive look to your vehicle.
The number one mistake that I see people do is to buy cheap coilovers. You should not do this because they could be the hardest working component in your car -they should have high quality and last long.
If you’re on a tight budget, consider high-quality lowering springs instead of coilovers. Yes, they won’t let your ride height be adjustable but the improved handling will make up for it in our opinion.