Direct-fit catalytic converters are most commonly used for light trucks as well as it comes to low-cost distributions. It is easy to installation with no cutting or welding, which gives a replacement gasket with no additional cost. To understand what a direct-fit catalytic converter is, and most importantly how to define a direct-fit catalytic converter is, we discuss every point about this. So you can get a clear idea and know the importance of using a direct-fit catalytic converter for your car.
What is a direct-fit catalytic converter?
Direct-fit catalytic converters are designed for a specific vehicle. Indeed, it is specially manufactured for those specific vehicles riding without additional adjustment of mounting space and exhaust systems. These are made using the specific features and limitations of the vehicle in which they are installed. Here, some of the parts of vehicles are available for OEM and aftermarket options. Meanwhile, aftermarket parts haven’t strict either it fits with direct fit or universal. However, the OEM part is substantially manufactured for direct-fit catalytic converters.
How can you define the direct-fit catalytic converter?
There are some common features must-have in your direct-fit catalytic converter. These are-
- It would be a stainless steel body
- It is built with stainless tubing
- Comes with aluminized heat shields
- Get the replacement gaskets with most converters
- Get the factory warranty
- CARB and EPA certified
- Must be an OBDII complaint
Direct-Fit Catalytic Converter price
The price of direct-fit catalytic is comparatively lower than other converters. It may cost you $80 to $400. The price may vary on the features and region. Like in the USA, catalytic converter for California follow some strict rules to reduce the emission exhausting from your cars.
Top brand of direct-fit catalytic converters
There are so many brands on the market manufacturing direct-fit converters. However, all brands cannot meet the customers’ requirements. We’ve picked the top five brands from the customers’ feedback which have been providing a tremendous job to minimize the black exhaust fumes.
- Bosal– it is a comprehensive brand throughout the world especially for the USA. it fits with USA weather and more than 1000 catalytic converters for diesel and petrol engine. The best part of bosal is a heat-resistant insulation material so that it can meet all requirements of the direct-fit converters. Related Article- Bosal catalytic converter review
- Walker– it is built with a stainless body and aluminized pipe. The walker is a mainly manufactured direct-fit catalytic converter. For example, it meets the first step of criteria, easy to installation with OE style hangers, brackets, and heat shields.
- Magnaflow– though it is an environment-friendly catalytic converter with high horsepower, exhaust flow, and torque. In the USA, 49 states are legal to use but legal to use in California. Of course, the Magnaflow catalytic converter provides direct-fit catalytic converters for Diegel and gas engines.
- DNA Motoring OEM– they have been collecting all parts to make a better direct-fit catalytic converter. It is a trustworthy brand. However, for collecting better parts for their catalytic converter, they charge a higher price for catalytic converters.
- Davico– it would be the best solution replacement catalytic converter for environment friendly. If you place a high priority on the environment rather than speed, price, this converter would be the perfect option. They charge a higher price for reducing black exhaust fumes.
Why should you use a direct-fit catalytic converter?
The united states of America were the first country, concerning emission from vehicles exhaust that could harmful to the human body as well as the environment. They first introduced a law to reduce black exhaust fumes produced by vehicles. To reduce the harmful fumes, direct-fit catalytic converters play an immense role. It does a lot more than what is given below.
- You will save the cost of easy installations.
- All direct-fit catalytic converters come with a factory warranty. So you can use it confidently.
- You can use it in every region as its CARD and EPA certified
- It offers long durable life for stainless steel and aluminized heat shields. Having a durable converter can save you cost as well.
- It helps to minimize black exhaust fumes producing by vehicles which less harmful for the human body and environment
- The direct-fit catalytic converter is less expensive rather than other catalytic converters on the market.
A direct-fit catalytic converter is a perfect option for those who are well-versed to replace the catalytic converter and want to install it without any tools. We highly recommend riders to use direct-fit catalytic converters if their vehicles have an exhaust system that is OEM styled.